Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Caught in an accident..

How are you guys? I'm a bit mixed up right now. Shocked, confused and I'm feelin low. Why? Because my brother accidently hit someone with my sister's car. I was in my room, as usual, doin things with my laptop when all of the sudden, my niece came and tell me that my brother hit someone. I was speechless and my mind keep tellin me "let this be a dumb joke". But unfortunately, it's fer real. My sister was histerical, the car was gone, there was blood stains on the road. A women nearby told me that an old man came out from nowhere, runnin to cross the road when my sister's car came and accidently hit him.

Why is it have to be today? Why is it have to be this way? I was hopin that my brother is on his way to the hospital then because from my view of the scene, with shattered glass and bloods on the road, the old man must be in a serious condition. A while later, there was the car, infront of me. My brother speaks, with a slow yet tremblin voice, that the old man is on the back seat. "My God!, I thought you've already went to the hospital."

Tryin not to waste anymore time. I quickly take the wheel and drove. I could hear my brother weeps. I felt sorry fer the old man, and him. Accident can occur no matter how well prepared you are. The front window is shattered and cold wind blew right through it. "Why didn't you take him to the hospital?" I asked my brother. He said he don't know what to do. I was left speechless again. He is not to blame. He panicked. So I drove, thinkin of where's the nearest place to get a medical help fer the old man. There's a 24hour clinic nearby, so I guess that's the place where I should go to.

I was wrong, it's not just that the doctor came out like he's takin a walk in a park but when he came to the car, he briefly said "Sorry, you must take him to the hospital". "Can't you do somethin?" I asked. "No, take him to the hospital". "Can you call the ambulans?". I asked, impatiently. "Ambulans will take longer to come here. It's better..". Thinkin that it's useless to talk with the life of this old man is in danger, I ignored the doctor and took the drivin seat again. I can see the old man, gaspin fer air. And I got scared. I don't want him to die there, in the car.

I arrived at the General Hospital a few minutes after that and I parked the car in the emergency zone. Medics came and lift the man to a stretcher, and they hurried to the emergency room. I told my brother to call my father to come and bring my ID because I didn't even bring my wallet. The policeman there took our statement, and asked us to go to the Police HeadQuarters to make a report. I'll be goin, with both my brother and sister, to the HQ later after this. I still don't know who's the old man and he got no ID with him. I hope he'll be fine and I'm truly sorry fer what that had happen.

Sometime we can't be certain of how much more time we'll have in life. No matter how well prepared we are, how much precautions we took, if by God's will our life is destined to end that day, on that time, there's nothin we can do. I'm not tellin stories here, so don't think that I'm doin literature just now. I won't sleep tonight because I can't. I just hope that the old man survive.

No comments: