Thursday, March 24, 2005

And it finally rains, kids nowadays & passport..

After a quite lengthy dry weeks, it rains just now. Aahhh. What a relief. The smell of wet grass. The sound of frogs. The shiverin cool temperature. It've been foggy this past few days and I heard rumors that there have been a few major forest fires around. Hopefully the rain will have a regular visit because everybody here needs it.

My big sis went to the police station just now and made a report about bullies. Not just any bully case, this involves primary school kids. A few of this kids have been threatenin my nephew fer quite some time. They even get as far as badmouthin my big sis. They were tryin to throw stones at my big sis's car and that pushed her limit. So she went to make a police report. I wonder how did their parents raise them. Still in primary school and they've showed their bad potential. Now what am I to do here? Don't get me wrong, I AM angry. I'm just keepin it cool because they're kids. Hey I can go slap those kids to my heart content but in the end, I'll get labeled as "Child Abuser" and that is not a good image. Now what would YOU do? Oh no I'm not gonna sit still now that the kids have gone way past my patient's limit. If it's really out of control, his parents will get it from me.

Kids nowadays. Did you see the news a few days ago? The case when a boy ran amok and starts shootin at some school. He killed a few (even had a shootin spree around his neighborhood beforehand) and injured others. And the news before that bout a kid, a really young kid who shot his lil brother out of an arguement. He, as told by the news; took a gun from underneath his mom's pillow and shot his lil bro. Can't remember whether the poor boy is still alive or not. Now tell me this is not insane. Can't you see what lots of TV and accessibility of guns are takin our kids (ehem I'm still not married yet, nor I have my own children but heck who cares.) to? What are the role of parents nowadays? Help me here somebody. I really don't get this.

Take the case of my big sis fer an example. The bully's parents have this extra faith that their boy is an angel. Now this brat is smart. He's an angel, but only when he's with his parents. Out of the house, now that's a different story altogether. I'm not sayin that we can't trust our childrens (ehem like I have any..), but do take any friendly reports from your community more seriously. Don't just shut your ears when someone report that your kid has been doin some bad things. Ignorant is not a bliss. Will we wait fer another bloodshed before we can see that what we've done is wrong?. As we're told in Islam, it goes somethin like: "kids are like a pure white piece of cloth, it is we (the parents) who will color it".

Angah have a passport now. Drats. Now me and Udin are the only 2 person who haven't make/renew our passport. Don't blame me my budget are in a chaos state right now. I'll probably renew my darn passport next Monday, if I can convince my boss to sign the paycheck earlier than usual. Here I am countin days to bring some pride fer my country on Singapore's gigs and I have to pay money to get my passport renewed?! Come on! RM300?!! Ohhh mannnn. I have a few months left in my old passport so can't you just cut RM150 from the total? Sheesh.

No comments: