Monday, August 23, 2004

Gigs.. Finally!! But..

It've been a while since I blog eh? Yeah well. It's not payday yet so my financial budget are a mess right now. Heh.

Gigs. Ah. Know wut? If things goes well as planned, I'll be able to play gigs somewhere around September (probably 4th of September). But the thing is, it's not with my band. Fahmi's other band, Fractured has once again caught up in lineup mess and I was invited to replace the bassist AND the vocalist. Ack. I'll call up Nuar later fer his opinion. Can I manage it? Fer now, I can try. The problem is, Fractured is quite.. Uhm.. How should I put it.. Ah, established. They made their 1st demo and it's already in store. Fillin in the spot like bass stuff is managable, but the vocal part is what bothers me. I don't have the type of 'growl' like in the demo (which I haven't had the chance to listen to, yet. But Fahmi will give it to me coz I need to practise. Soon) and to sound like someone else is kinda hard. Well, my band AngelClaw play metal too, so what's the difference? Ah, good question. It's a bit more complicated than that.

AngelClaw feels like home because basically, it's MY band and I play and sing what I feel. Fractured is somethin else. Like I've said, I'll have to sing like the original vocalist and that I'm sure is gonna need a lot of effort from me. Dual role is hard too. Playin bass AND bein the main vocalist. Not that it's somethin bad because I AM the bassist and vocalist fer AngelClaw but now I'll have to double that. Doublin my dual role. I hope I won't get any brain tumor or somethin.

I'll confirm the gigs later. Mebbe you can see me there if I play. More on it later I hope.

No comments: