Thursday, February 09, 2006

JPJ: The power to arrest(?) & puppy gone.

It was a nice slumber. My mind was blank, thinkin bout nothin. Just sleeps. Oh it's so great so sleep. Until I heard a news on the TV. Yeah I sleep with the TV on. The story? The Department of Road & Transport (JPJ) wants the power to arrest people like the police. All of the sudden, I lost appetite of sleepin. What the bull are they thinkin?

It's not the 1st time JPJ has make nonsensical demands before. Remember when they say they need firearms? What the.. They lost their minds already? What in hell do they need the firearms fer anyway? Shoot a granpa on C70 fer wearin 'kopiah' instead of safety helmet? JPJ's reason: they're always in constant danger when on duty. Pfft. And now it's a bit of the same. Some people smack a JPJ officer but the officer don't have any power to arrest the brats. Am I missin somethin here? Do you? That's why we have *hint* POLICE *hint* you morons!

To me, it's more like the lust for more unnescessary power. And we all know that 'from the great power, comes a great responsibility'. Eh, the reality is 'from the great power, comes more corruptable people'. Instead of demandin nonsenses, why don't they cooperate with police or somethin. Or perhaps, they can learn how to use the 999 number when in trouble.

Seriously, I sense disaster in this excess of power if given. You don't have to think hard to imagine what's to expect from this. JPJ with firearm, with the power to arrest and detain people. Insane. Purely insane. I can imagine a brat pointin a gun to my head, askin fer my drivin license.

Imagine that. Remember the MyKad case? Where the poor fella received a summon just because he showed his MyKad when asked fer a drivin license. The guy have all his drivin licenses and God knows what else conveniently stored in the most advance Identification Card made available to the public and yet, he was punished because JPJ don't have the tool to read the data, or perhaps they just want to see the plain ol drivin license instead. It made me laugh, but it didn't last long enough to sway my mind off the ironies. We're troubled by the conveniences provided to us. Different departments of the government sector have different views on policies/technologies/laws our government has ruled.

What about the 'tinted window' issue? Can or can't we tint our window? Yeah sure there's a 'JPJ specification' for tintin window but seriously, do you think they even follow that? How many people with 'JPJ approved' window tint happily got their window's tintin ripped off and/or tickets here and there to come with the humiliation? Ok maybe Proton cars aren't allowed to have any window tintin. Not like those Japanese or European cars. 1 points fer foreign cars, 0 fer local made.

How bout the 'car modification' issue? I heard the specification was published before but now the infos is a rare sight. The reality is the same, we don't exactly know what we can or can't do to our car. Some people lives happily with their turbo-charged-2Fast2Furious-makeover car with nothin to worry about but many get a lousy ticket fer puttin a Mitsubishi logo as a decal. Funny huh? Wait until you get a ticket. Last time I heard, it's ok to modify a foreign car to our heart's content but it's a no no to Proton or Perodua's. Great. One of the great thing of ownin a car is to make it a pleasure sight and drivin experience. And so it seems that our laws are the one killin our local car industries. Stop puttin all the blames to foreign's make because if you look closer, it's our own people killin our local industries. Why the heck I want to 'own' a Proton if I can get a Hyundai and modify it to look gorgeous instead of lookin like the gazillions of other same model, not because I can't afford it, but because the law says so. I know it's like I'm swayin off topic but my man point is, the details of the law/policy and the enforcements.

The same goes with motorbike. I guess JPJ somehow think that when we buy a motorbike, after all the years ridin the bike through all the terrains and weather conditions we have here in Malaysia, the motorbike will stay in tune, performs and sounds the same like the first time we rode it. I'm in no mood to even giggle here. My friend got a summon because JPJ said that his bike was modified and the 'exhaust didn't sound like the factory default'. Go and find the funny bits there yourself. Trust me, you will lose the funny mood too. How do you expect an engine or exhaust or any machinery to sound the same after all those years? Ok, my bad, you actually can. Buy a motorbike and don't ride it ever again. Do you know that puttin a sticker on your precious bike is also illegal? Just because you didn't get a ticket fer it doesn't mean that it's legal. Some day, maybe havin a rust on your bike will make you eligible fer a ticket or two. Why? Because it's not a 'factory default'.

My words. Clear up the blurry details of the current laws/policies we have first, before makin more unnescessary and nonsensical demand. Where's the REAL specification for window tintin, car modification and many other? I know there's many other issues and those things are the main things that needed a clear and effective solution. Not a Glock or Baretta pistols. Not the power to arrest, handcuff and detain people. JPJ is goin to make an army or what? Leave the dangerous jobs to the more effective enforcement agencies like the police. Stop makin more dumb demands. I can't stand losin my precious sleeps anymore.

Ah, the puppies is gone. I called Syah and he said that the cute brats is nowhere to be found. I hope a responsible person has adopt it. Maybe the mother has come to the rescue. Gonna miss that barkin brats. Woof Woof! Later.

No comments: