Friday, February 03, 2006

I lost my mobile... DAMNIT!

*Sigh*. What a day. It's amazin how a good mood can change in a day. What happened? My mobile phone got stolen. I was enjoyin a bowl of 'cendol' in Klang and I have a feelin that my phone somehow slipped there unnoticed. After the cendol, I went to the place I want to install the Streamyx, which is more than 10km from that place. The time I arrived is the time I notice my phone is gone. So I quickly went to the cendol stall thinkin that maybe I can safely get my phone back before someone else do. Or maybe someone would be honest enough to return the phone to the cendol's stall owner.

Such a wishfull thinkin. I was hopin fer too much. Honest people are a rarity nowadays. Hey but I'd return someone else's belongin if I found it in a public place. It's not that hard if you can make someone in charge of a popular place nearby like food stall, shop or etc cooperate to make sure the real owner of the lost good can have his/her belongin back. But heck, those kind of people can only be found in movies. They don't care if the things is important or what.

So I know it's supposed to be my day anyway, the phone is nowhere to be found. I asked the stall owner if he had seen the mobile but luck is not on my side. Without my mobile, I feel like I've lost contact with the rest of the world. All the important numbers are gone. Kapuf!. Just like that. Not to mention I added another RM10 worth of airtime fer the phone while I was enjoyin the cendol. Yeah that was the last time I saw my mobile. Great. Just great. This is not how I want my day to start. I was frustrated then, and I still am now.

I went to the nearest public phone, hopin that someone would answer my mobile and givin me direction on how to get it back. Yeah, dream on. It ringed fer a few times until it went to voicemail. Great. The lucky brat turned off my phone. So be it. If he can crack my pin code when he turn on the mobile next time, he'll have a 10 bucks worth of airtime to waste. Bastard.

I went to the customer's place again, with a down feelin. Great, a customer with Windows ME, stone age CPU and no network card. What a day. After more than an hour to make the WinME behave properly after I've installed a new NIC, it rained cats and dogs. I just feel numbed. Thinkin bout my newly lost mobile. All the others just don't matter much.

So I went to the stall fer the 3rd time but the place is already closed. I stop thinkin bout anythin. So I went back home, shiftin all the other appointments to tomorrow. Damn it I'm in no mood to work. So now I'm actually out of reach. I have a few plans made and now I don't know how the hell my buddies can contact me. It's too late to train a pigeon.

This made me think 'Hell if ever I found someone else's mobile, I'll do the same like what I've experienced'. No, that's not the right thing to do. Hell no. Yeah the temptation to do bad things is somewhat hard to resist, but then, the proud feelin after you know that you done a honest deed beats em all in the end.

So, the next time you found someone else's belongin, do what you can to contact the real owner. At least pass the good to a trustworthy person who you think would be the 1st person the real owner would ask about the missin thing. Because, that person, in this case like me, would have many important numbers in the phone, saved bank account numbers etc, important reminders that can never be replace in a brief. This is far worst than havin your ex to delete some important phone number without your permission.

I'm still hopin that someone would return my mobile to that cendol stall. I know I'll go to the place again tomorrow. I know I should just forget bout it but there's too much important data inside. Fuck it, some people just sucks at honesty. Later.

No comments: