Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Singapore's experiences.

I promised to tell somethin bout my Singapore gigs's experience so here I am. Sorry fer the delay because there's currently many things that came in the way. Anyway, on with my story.

It was quite a surprise, my experience in Singapore I mean. I always thought that the people there is not much of a friendly bunch. I mean, who knows what other people in other countries are like anyway. We (Fractured) are foreigners anyway and Singapore is not our turf so it's nobody's fault if we're ignored and such. But it didn't happen that way. All the people that got anythin to do with us and the gigs is friendly.

We left Seremban around 10:30AM on Friday and went straight to Johor Bahru. We made a few plans like goin straight to Singapore / takin a train ride but in the end, goin to JB 1st seems like a good idea. We can have a rest beforehand and chill out in JB or somethin. We, all the 5 of us (Me, Fahmi, Dayne, Hangah and Faiz the camera dude) rented a RM30 room fit fer 3 person max and ho boy it was quite chaotic. The aircond was broken and it's like sleepin in a hot stove there. So I slept on the floor. It was in JB that I knew the name of the gigs. It was "Infestation of Evil Fest 2005". Cool huh? :). Fractured was listed on top of other bands like we're headlinin the gigs and we was nervous like mad. Who ain't anyway. The part in the flyers that I like the most is that they'll make an official DVD/Vcd out of the entire show. Yay!. Expect that vid to be in my private collection when it's available.

We crossed the Johor - Singapore border around 10:00AM on Saturday mornin. We went to this guy; Fadzil's shop beforehand and fill up our white cards (the card fer us to go to Singapore.. Don't ask me I dunno. It's the law). All of us except fer Fahmi got to Singapore's Immigration with no difficulties. Fahmi's Iron Cobra which he brought in it's box case caught much unwanted attention to the Immigration officers. So he had to open his bag, the Iron Cobra's box etc etc you know the drills. Fer a 1st experience, it sucks to be searched like that but heck, it's forgiven. Fahmi got the same encounter on our way back to Malaysia by our own Malaysian Immigration officer. Heck I pity him.

It was a brief trip, crossin the border. The scenery is not totally different from ours except fer cool cars. Oh the city is clean too. It's more bout money over there. Here you can have a decent meal with take as many as you want servet/tissue. Over there in Singapore, I have to buy the tissue. Somebody said "ciggy"? Ho boy cigarette over there is expensive. Very expensive. A pack of Marlboro will cost you around SD11.++. Yeah I'm talkin bout Singapore Dollar. So we bought a pack of our fav flavor right from JB. A person can't cross with more than 1 pack of ciggy tho. After we arrive at Keranji, we waited fer Fadzil and his gang because he's the one who knows bout the place the gigs will be.

We got to Planet Paradigm (where our gigs was held) around 11 o'clock or somethin. Man that place is big. There was a stage and the mosh pit is big. We got a chance to do a soundcheck so after a few brief thoughts, we went fer At The Gates - Blinded By Fear cover. It was my 1st time usin Boss Mega Distortion with my bass guitar fer a gigs and it was way great! The soundcheck went well so we went out (the gigs start at 3PM) to find ourselves somethin to munch. Mc Donalds got the highest vote so we went to the nearest McD which is bout 10 mins walk. It was my 1st time eatin Big Mac because I'm allergic to meat (except fer chicken). Fergot to tell Faiz bout that and he already ordered the Biggies. Except fer a brief nausea, the Big Mac didn't kill me. Phew I was lucky because in my last experience, I went blank and fainted. I was fine durin our show too. Would I eat Big Mac again? No and they invented Mc Chicken fer guys like me. Duh.

We got to be the 6th act that day and my wish came true. Like I've said, performin too early and there'll be not much of a crowd and perform too late the crowds are tired. But is there any crowd? Includin all the bands performin, we got 100+ people in it. Not much of a crowd but considerin that there was a big gigs a week before and a week after ours, it's pretty much predicted. Did it burn our anxiety? Hell no! We; Fractured really enjoyed our show. All of us axemen, even includin Hangah headbang throughout our performance. I even did a request fer the crowd to headbang on the middle of Dimension Zero - Immaculate cover but nobody responded. LoL. Ah well, at least we know that we really enjoyed playin the whole 6 songs. What did we perform?

1) The Bodybag (Inside The Bodybag in the demo)
2) War Of The Lords (War Of The Gods in the demo)
3) Once Stabbed
4) The Haunted - Tresspass cover
5) Dimension Zero - Immaculate cover
6) At The Gates - Blinded By Fear cover

I guess people do enjoy the show but they just don't headbang. Not only on our turn, but basically on all of the bands's performance. Well, as long as people do enjoy themselves, it's AOK fer me. Fleurs Du Mal didn't perform because their drummer had a bad accident with broken leg(s). We're sorry to hear the news. Anyway two of FDM's army did came to the gigs so it's cool. Maybe someday soon we'll get the chance to perform together. Oh they're friendly bunch too.

After the show, we was taken to the place we will be livin fer that night. It was at Coxscrew Studio. It's a damn nice place. The crews is friendly and they even took the burden to bring our equipments with em so that we; Fractured are freed from carryin those heavy stuff with us. It was a 20mins walk from Planet Paradigm. As we arrived, the 1st thing I did was take a peek at the recorded vid from Fahmi's camcorder. The extra nice guys at studio even cook fer us that night! I viewed the vid a few times until I got very sleepy.

The next mornin, one of CS Studio's crew took us fer breakfast and he paid fer all of it. Man can anybody be friendlier than that? We had a short tour around and we went to a shoppin complex to kill some time. There's many guitar shop and the goodies are cheap! You can get a cool lookin B.C Rich Warlock fer bout RM800! No luck on findin my all time fav Ibanez EDA 4 Strings tho but I'm sure it's on sale somewhere. Why is it so hard to find good stuph fer bassist everywhere? Drats. Our Seremban bus was scheduled to leave at 5:30PM so we pretty much got many free time doin some window shoppin.

We left Larkin, JB at 5:30 knowin that we've made good friends over there at Singapore. Someday we'll meet again my friends! We're scheduled to arrive at Seremban somewhere around 9:30 but there was a major traffic jam at Lipis/Pedas so the bus went out from the highway to use the country road. It was a bad idea because there was a flood and to make it worst, the bus's baggage compartment opened out of some freak failure and a car accidently hit it. Some repairin session, driver to driver discussion and police report afterward, we finally arrive at Seremban around 12. What an experience. But overall, it was a great memories. Unforgettable. We really had fun all the way till the end. I didn't get any goth chicks tho so it sucks somewhere haha.

Countless respect goes to Coxscrew Studio crews fer providin us with a comfortable place to stay after the show. Thanks fer the homemade foods too!. To Fadzil's crew too and his band Terkutuk which sadly didn't get the chance to perform at the gigs. Kudos to the bands who gigged with us that evenin. To the crowds. You were all great people. I personally hope that Fractured will have the chance to perform with/infront of you guys again. \m/

Arieses rejoice! This month is ours! Yeah well so my birthday is just around the corner. I'll be 27 very soon. Heck I'm that old already. Sheesh. It seems like yesterday that I went to school. So many memories. I'm thinkin bout my mom. Miss her very much. Nobody special to celebrate my birthday with. Heck it's no surprise. Would be glad if this year is different. Heh. Anyway, be prepared to sing the all time favorite "Happy birthday to you" song aye! Later.

No comments: