Tuesday, April 12, 2005

A date with Momoe

The net buddies meet up went on just fine. So is my 1st date with Momoe. Who? She's the japanese girl I said who would come to Malaysia. And she came. She's still here and her flight back to Japan is on this wednesday. I didn't and won't get any more days off tho so I can't be with her on (last) Monday onward.

Yeah I was pretty much nervous. To meet the one you've been emailin fer quite a long time (more than a year) and finally you're meetin her/him in person. She was plannin to come to Singapore to catch the gigs Fractured played but unfortunately she can't get any ticket from Japan to Singapore. I've also blew her plannin fer last August 2004 so her would be trip to Malaysia back then was also screwed. Also screwed up another of her plan a few month after that too. My bad. So, to avoid meself from turnin another one of her trip to another repeated disaster, I gave the green light as soon as she mentioned somethin bout comin to Malaysia on 09/04/2005 (last Saturday) although the Singapore gigs has made a major hole in my pocket.

We're supposed to meet at the lobby of her hotel but I was late fer a few mins. Ack. Bein late fer a 1st date is a no no but KL is a very strange place fer driver comin from other state like me. To make it short, I was lost. Not lost while drivin, I was lost while walkin to her hotel. Yeah, it was that bad. I was already a few hours late fer the net buddies meet up because I have to do some servicin fer my car. But I managed to keep the delay to a minimum so *I guess* Momoe is not that angry with me :D.

So we meet at about 8:00PM somethin because she went back to her room to call me up. How was it? It's kinda awkward. Because I dunno if I should bow, or shake hands; that sorta stuff. Not to mention that it's the 1st real date. Lucky me my sister let me use her mobile fer 2 days so I was not completely out of reach. In fact I borrow my sister's mobile just fer that special occasion ;). So we met, I was about to make a Japanese style bow when she offered her hand. I was saved from the unfortunate humiliation :D. 1st phase was completed successfully.

I'm lucky too because now that I have my own car, I'm not tied to KL public transport's timetable. That's currently the only good point in havin my own transport as I was left with another problem. I don't know anythin bout drivin in KL. So somehow I sucks. We went to KLCC, had some Malaysian dishes, went to a late night TehTarik session (thanks Isman fer showin us your fav TT spot & a place fer me to stay that night), went to Teluk Kemang and Blue Lagoon in Port Dickson on Sunday (I was late, *sigh*, again).

Fun time really flies and before we know it, Sunday is wavin its hand to say goodbye. I hope she enjoyed her 1st trip to Malaysia although I'm a lousy tourist guide, broke, non-punctual & I didn't get more days off. Somehow I'm not satisfied because she could go to more nice places and enjoy many more things that Malaysia has to offer. And honestly I'm sad because she got nobody to go out with on Monday till this Wednesday, the day she'll go back to Japan. I don't know if I will be there to see her board her flight on Wednesday. Not to mention she can't call me up because my sister has taken her mobile back. I even fergot to ask her room number. *sigh*. I'm hopeless and it breaks my heart.

No comments: