Thursday, August 04, 2005

Car saved, study again & job that wants me.

Ah. Today is somewhat one of the happiest day of my live. Out of the ordinary, I finally managed to get my car's monthly instalment secured without even borrowin a penny from anybody. The freelance computer job I'm currently doin saved my day. Phew. I need to get a few more bucks and then I can smile in my sleep. The time is quite hard right now but heck, everyone will experience it at least once in their lifetime right?. I'll go and pay the instalment tomorrow.

I had a study opportunity this week. My ex-boss's wife (when I was workin in a computer company a few years ago.) who's a marketin officer fer Informatic called and asked if I could bring my SPVM result and she (along with my ex-boss) will pay the required RM200 fee up-front and apply a PTPTN loan fer me. It's an IT Administration course fer 2 years and 4 months. It's like a dream come true. The problem is that, since I left the Vokasional School and till now, which is 10 years already; I never went to the school to get all my certificates. I lost all the text-book that was lend to me on the final day of school. Somebody stole it. So I never bothered to get the result. So how did I managed to get any jobs you asked? I used the MLVK slip I get. I was an Electrical course student. Not to mention that my 1st real job (in the computer company, the ex-boss's company I mentioned earlier.) opened up a chain of another good job opportunities. I never bothered to get the SPVM result because the result wasn't that great anyway. It's a long and pain story so there's no use fer me to tell it. So, after this whole years of evadin any topics bout my result, I was now forced to get it or suffer the loss of the study opportunity. How?

No worries. It's solved this evenin. My ex-boss's wife (I call her Kak Ayu.) and me went to my ex-school to get my result. It was a very nervous thing because of some wild imagination I had bout me bein scolded in front of everybody fer losin all my text-books. So what happened? I was spared from the humiliation of bein scolded but they (the school administration) have the receipt of all my lost text-books. Drats. I still have to pay fer the loss. Ouch. But I got my SPM result. They have to hold my school certificate until I cleared the debts. Fer now, that's enough. Anyway, as I thought, my English result was way better than my Bahasa Malaysia's. Sigh. My math in the other hand, is pure thrash. Ah well, I was thrown out from my 'kampung' 6 month before SPVM (all I did was standin up fer my big sister. We're both thrown out.), livin in a new house (which took the whole day fer me and my big to find a suitable place to make our new home.) which got electricity only after 3 months we moved in, workin as a trailer co-pilot with my late brother-in-law (who was the driver.) when I should be preparin fer my exam. Ah, the memories. Such pain. Anyway, with all the discouragement I experienced, I'm pretty proud of the SPM result. Below par, but with the state I was when I'm in form 5, it makes me smile. Not because of the result, but because of the story behind it.

I fergot to ask bout my MLVK certificate. The SPM result only have 5 subjects written in it with the other 3 (all electrical subjects) missin. So I think there's another certificate that I fergot to take. So tomorrow, I have to go to the school again, with Kak Ayu (she said she'll sort the text-book thingy fer me. Phew.) and ask bout it. I do hope my PTPTN loan will get approval so I can start the studies in early September.

A car company called me a few days ago, askin me if I'm interested in doin general insurance work (like my last company). The boss was a friend of my last boss, he knew how I work and he have faith in me. If I accept the offer, I will start in September too. I'm still thinkin bout it because I'm puttin priority in my study application. Only if I can demand a flexible workin hour. Still, I still have a few weeks to think it over. If I don't get a spot fer studyin, I'll probably take the job. Didn't ask bout the salary though. I hope it'll be better than the last job.

Oh, the pain I wrote earlier was a false alarm. Phew. I'm still bein cautious bout it.

I'll be goin to Pangkor this month. With Momoe! Now that's somethin to look forward to. Later then.

No comments: