Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Hopefully me..

It has been a few days since I've taken the Takaful Nasional's examination. My 1st time takin an insurance exam. Well, though I'm workin in an insurance company, it doesn't mean that I know anythin bout insurance. My company is a used car cum general insurance company but I'm takin a life insurance exam. Sheesh. What am I doin?

The exam was ok, the guy who proposed me to take the exam gave me the book, 'Takaful Nasional Exam Guide' 2 weeks before the exam and I let it dusted in my room until the last minute. Can't blame me on that. Insurance is an alien thing to me. Computers floats my boat. But seein the confidence the guy had fer me, I dunno, it doesn't hurt to try does it? And as fer now, I've known a bit more bout life insurance in general. Maybe it's worth to try. Well, how long am I gonna be workin here anyway? I'm sure that I'm not gonna spend my whole upcomin life workin here. Computers still floats my boat. My commission has been cut leavin me just the basic salary startin from this month. Darn. More and more, I'm losin interest in this job I have.

I kept dreamin bout workin on a cruise ship, sailin around the world, seein new faces, just knowin that my homeland is far from reach. This month is the answer, did I get the cruise ship job I've applied for or not. I wish my visa's application is approved. I need to be somewhere else. And the advertised salary is good too. Too good. It've been a nearly a year since I've been back to my hometown and yet I feel like it've been too long. It's not that I don't like it here, it's just, hmm, how should I put it, it's too familiar to me. Failin on the foreign places is a challenge to me but when you know that you're failin on your own place, it's too much. And I know I'm startin to fall. This habit of job loyalty is costin me. I must make a move to make MY life better, not anybody else. That's why I need a new job.

Darn I sure hope I do get that cuise ship job. In fact I've put other job application on hold because of that job. I guess I'm puttin too much hope in it but hey, that is the chance fer me to actually go places I've only dreamed of goin. Not to mention the chance to raise money fer my ultimate future plan. Like I've said, computers floats my boat but as fer now, my boat is sinkin and the water's too deep.

No comments: