Friday, May 21, 2004

Good.. or bad?..

Sometime there's a thing that I just can't make up whether if it's a good news, or a bad news. To look at it from a different side, different angle. Still, I can't make up my mind.

However, I'm got 2 news that I just can't make up whether if it's good or else. 1st: My company is goin to open up a branch doin travel and tourism stuff. 2nd: I'm fillin up a bassist spot fer a band competition this comin sunday.

My friend and his band signed up on this Battle of The Band sorta thing bout 2/3 weeks ago. If I'm not mistaken, they've played the early round and this sunday is the final round. I know this guys coz most of the time I'd hang out with them at restaurants around my neighborhood. Me and Ali, the drummer fer the band, we casually jam together just fer fun. Somehow, their bassist, Rizal, gone M.I.A a few days ago. So Ali got this idea to pick me as the session bassist fer the contest. So, it's perfectly great is it?
Not really, I mean, we're gonna be playin on THIS Sunday! Hello? Do the math. They've been plannin to play 4 songs, changed 1 of the song yesterday (I was told this evenin) and which up till today, I've practice only 2 songs startin from uhm, lemme see, ah! startin from LAST NIGHT! And right now I've no accaustic guitar to practice the songs with, not to mention that I'm still waitin fer the cassette the other 2 songs. Oh, I fergot to add 'writin my Blog at the same time' to the list. Pressure is a bad habit, I know. But this is suppose to be a very important contest fer them. I'm not gonna be the one that fergot the chords all of the sudden, on the stage, infront of all the chicks that's watchin us perform. Hell no.

Different genre also adds to the tense a bit. I'm more to metal stuff and this sunday I'm gonna be playin songs like 'Pawana', 'Pelesit Kota', 'Mat Rock' (I never heard of this title before!) and thankfully, 'Like a Stone' from Audioslave. I know Pawana is Search's song but the other 2, is still a mystery. By readin the list I think you guys get the idea that this is a Rock band. Well, it is. Nothin wrong with that but fer a metal guy like me to get the rock groove right, lackin in time to practice and hopefully perfect it, is pretty hard. The last time that I've heard Pawana was about 14 years ago, when I was in form 2 or 3. Audioslave's is a new song, you can hear it on the air frequently but I never bother to practice it until last night.

The ok part is, I can try to prove myself that I can play lotsa kinds of music. And playin on stage too! Ho boy it've been a loooong time since I last perform on stage infront of live audience. I hope my part will be ok this sunday. I hate to dissappoint the guys. If somehow my part is lousy, well, I have to accept the fact that I'm still not that good. To those who's around the neighborhood, you can see me perform (with my Ibanez TR 4 strings, baby) on 23rd May 2004, 20:00 at:
Dataran Senawang,
Senawang Business Centre,
Seremban, Negeri Sembilan D.K.

The 1st news is that, I'll be able to do different job, in a new office, but still workin in the same company. 'nuff said. Hopefully it comes with a new salary plan. *grins*

No comments: