Friday, May 14, 2004

Flu and accident.. Again

Yeah, I skipped work today. But hey, I still have this flu. Usually it's an annual thing, this flu. But nowadays, it's gettin more frequent. Must have been my work. I'm gettin lazier every mornin. This sort of work makes me tired easily. Ridin bike almost 70% of my entire workin day, bein burn under the sun, facing those insane road dwellers. Damn drivers. Some of em sometime give a wrong signal and most of them don't give any at all. Yesterday was my 2nd motorbike accident in this year. I got hit by another bike. Nothin serious fer me, except my bike got some damage on the back.

The other biker was a man, on his 50's I guess. I was on my way home, takin an early leave because of this flu. I stopped at the traffic light then turned right ridin at 50km/h - 60km/h on the main road. There was a car infront, came out from the side of the road and did a left turn. It's ok because I was about 30 meters behind and I'm not ridin that fast anyway. But this man behind that car, who parked at the same place the car was, he too just rode off like I'm not there. I was less than 20 meters behind, ridin more the the right side of the road to avoid that darn bike but "Hey what the?", the man made a right turn all of the sudden. I grab the brake, skiddin at the same time as I saw a bus comin right in front of me about 20 meters away.

BAM!. The bike hit mine sendin my bike skiddin off the right side of the road. Luckily I didn't fell off my bike but the man did. The bus stopped fer a while, then rode off slowly.

I stepped off my bike, angry and pissed-off until I saw the age of the man that just hit me. God, why this? For the sake of being responsible, I pulled his bike upright.
"Are you blind or somethin?" The man spoke. For sure, he's tryin to blame me althought it's clear that it's HIS fault.

"Where are your signals?" I replied briefly, tryin not to lengthen the useless arguement. As the man tries to stand up, I saw bloods on both of his arms. I fell sorry fer him. Then a women sellin vegetables a few meters away came and asked what is happenin. The road ain't busy anyway so it's pretty clear I guess for the people around that area to see what's happenin. Then she and the man spoke in chinese. Great.
"He came from the side of the road then made a surprise right turn without any signal" I replied shortly, tryin to defend myself.

"He rode very fast" The man tries to blame me again. Great, just great.

"Hey if I didn't brake my bike and tries to evade, maybe I would've rode through your bike." Now I'm really pissed off. I'm havin a flu, and now this. Damn. I went to my bike and rode home. I guess he didn't make any report and I don't bother to make any. But if he did, I'm ready cause I know he's wrong.

No comments: