Thursday, February 08, 2007

Temp job & I'll play in the next gigs!

The outcome of long transition between projects. This is what will happen to a total project-based company. Been months since I last do any official jobs in the company. Still workin though, but without any project. Currently. The next main project still have many hiccups. Still movin but slow. Very slow. In fact it's too slow fer me likin. One day it's busy, then the other day, the project is finished and we'll be waitin fer a new one.

It was supposed to be a fast transition. In fact, the the company has prepared all the nescessary things fer the new project more than 6 months ago, while we're still on our last project. But heck, the new client got somethin, somewhere that kept the progress nearly grindin to a halt. Damn. We're totally ready on our side, but client side is makin all the slow improvement. A no-no bits here, a no-no bits there. Beaurocratic things.

Thankfully we're not without any backup plans though. Another short-term project is underway, yet still 2 to 3 weeks ahead. Some of my office mates have gone doin some other temporary works somewhere. Some who have bunch of savings from the last project do nothin. As fer me, it's time to raise money fer the upcomin gigs. Can't totally rely on the savings. Since the main project is still far ahead in the unforeseeable future, I have to make a move. Not that I'm quittin or somethin. A temp thingy. At least until the side (backup) project started.

Got the whole set of Kayser strings to dress my TR with. All the old strings has rusted in peace. With the next gig in less than 2 weeks, this calls fer desperate measure. The guys has already memorised all the new songs. I'm still lagged behind with 1 and 1/2 more songs to go. Yeah 1/2 fer havin a song partially memorised :D. We'll play one of our new song in the next gig. If you're comin, be sure not to miss the new number.

Oh yeah now I'm sure about goin to the upcomin gigs. You see, the recent post was about this things. And now that I'm VERY sure I can participate in the next gigs, hell I feel great! Even my boss approved. Hah!

I'm still waitin fer the infos on the upcomin gigs. Bah it's takin a hell of a long time fer my buddy to respond and update me on that. I'm still wonderin about the real date of the gig. The last info I heard is questionable. Ah well I'll update you on that the moment I heard a latest news whatsoever. Promise.

Now to start a temp job and raise money fer a new set of strings. Bah. Poor bands are like this I guess. Later.

No comments: