Wednesday, February 06, 2008

My kid sister dirisik & Fractured's recording.

Ah. It's a long holiday. Well that's not the important part. Got a few important events this holiday.

Tomorrow, the family of my kid sister's boyfriend will come for 'merisik'. It's an event before engagement. Which the man's family will ask about the status of the woman. Eg: Do she have a boyfriend, is she engaged with someone else etc. And this event is very important to me too because I've taken the 'wali' status from my father as I'm the oldest male in the family now.

A mixed feeling fer sure. I'm very happy fer my kid sister. I wish her all the best in the upcoming life. At the same time, I do feel that time does fly fast. It's like yesterday me and her was playing, enjoying our time as kids together. It's like she grown up too fast. Hmm. Somehow, it feels like it's too soon fer me to let someone else take care of her. I wish I was a better brother. But like I've said, I'm very happy fer her.

I known her boyfriend fer quite some time now. In fact I known that guy the 1st time she was serious with him. As long as he can take great care of my angel, I couldn't say no. They're planning to get married this June. So it's way sooner than my own wedding.

So, tomorrow I have to be at my Mak Ngah's (auntie) house because the event will take place there around 11am. To tell you the truth, I'm a bit nervous when I think about it.

Another important event. Fractured will go to studio and do recording fer our new album. We'll be going to Bakri's studio, as I heard and we are expecting 2 days to get it done. Maybe more. I'm not sure bout mixing and stuff though, we're not a rich band anyway. Maybe we can just do a recording and later on, when we get enough money, we'll do mixing and mastering somewhere.

I haven't finish up lyrics fer 3 songs though. Bad me. I might get some ideas later on. Or I might do vocal recording fer those 3 songs after the lyrics is written. We have 8 songs altogether, including all 4 songs from our Archgates of Insanity demo. I still didn't write any addition to the old "Life Inside The Hole" lyrics. Hehe. Yeah well I'm lazy I admit.

The skin on my fingers are cracking. I got allergies to some soap / detergent. I done so many washing everyday using different type of soap I don't have a clue which has done this. It's been nearly 2 weeks and today I went to the clinic and the doctor gave me a cream. This state is annoying because it hurts everytime I'm playing bass. Yeah the fingers on my left hand suffers the most. I should have gone to the clinic sooner but I'm sort of busy this past few weeks.

Can't wait fer the recording session. Fahmi might bring his camcorder so maybe I'll post some footage or something. My TR's strings is in bad shape right now, so I need to replace it all as I'm trying to use it fer the recording. Not all guitar are suitable fer recording so I hope mine will be fine.

I'll blog any updates later.

No comments: